Country Mouse Creation

Country Mouse Creation
A Place to come sit awhile and enjoy a Little Bit of the Country and Gods Love

In The Garden (Too many Fig Leaves for Me!!!)

 
 
 
My little garden of Edan
 
Then the Lord God planted a garden in Eden , to the east an in the garden he placed the man he had formed.Gen, 2:8
 

Now while looking at my garden today and after returning from a trip to town to check out the sale at a local clothing store I realized just how we get in the way of Gods perfect ways. In the beginning God formed man placed him in the beautiful garden of Edan to spend his days tending the plants and animals. God being the wise God he is decided man needed help with these task so he formed woman. A perfect plan indeed, if only we would have listened to the fathers advice and heeded his warning.

 You may eat any fruit in the garden except from the tree of life and knowledge of good and evil.For when you eat you will surely die.Gen.2: 16

Being the creatures we are, curious and not tending to listen well the first time, Eve listened to the flowery words of the serpent.
Believing the lies the serpent told woman Eve decided to take a bite . Yes even after the warning from the father she couldn't resit the beautiful fruit and the flowery words from the evil serpent.

And as they ate it they became aware of there nakedness, and were embarrassed. So they strung fig leaves together to cover themselves around the hips. Gen.3:7

Which leads me to my shopping trip! After hours of trying on cloths becoming more and more discouraged I headed home. To ease my frustration I deiced to walk out and water some of my plants. It occurred to me had we listened to our heavenly father the first time he warned us we would be merrily walking through a beautiful garden tending  flowers with no need for clothing no frustration of trying to find something to cover those  little imperfections we all have. I wonder after she ate the fruit did Eve feel ashamed of her body and its little imperfections. Frustrated , now she had to find fig leaves to cover herself. My goodness I wonder if there were big enough leaves in the garden to cover my body . What a thought !!! I would be looking for giant leaves to sew together.  Help remind me Lord that your words are for a easier better life for me. Help me listen the first time so I wont be hunting giant fig leaves!!!


Here are a couple of graden photo albums I have made for our store. www.etsy.com/shop/countrycarver
Have a wonderful peaceful day in a garden somwhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thought for Today!!

COME AND SEE WHAT GOD HAS DONE, HOW AWESOME HIS WORKS IN YOUR BEHALF!



PSALMS 66:5